Thursday, July 28, 2011

Promises, promises.

I am starting to like this blog thing. Not because I am particularly good at it (readership = 0) but because right now, it is just about me and if I promise to write something in a day, or a week, or even a month and don't get to it, I have only myself to disappoint. How many things in life can we say that about? Not many, if you are me.

With that in mind, I am going to talk about my two craft projects and the recipes...and fail to post a single picture of either. That's right, I have no pictures to show for any of these things. I meant to take them and, at least in one case, really thought that I had. But now, the recipes turned into food which was eaten (enthusiastically, I might add) so no pics to take there. And the craft projects, well, one is here somewhere. The other was a gift to my niece and she lives halfway across the US which means that I am going to write this post and not include pictures. So there.

First, let's talk about the recipes. I made the Lemon Scented Pull Apart Coffee Cake that I pinned forever ago on Pinterest (see recipe and pictures here) and, in the same weekend, made another pinned recipe: Inside Out Carrot Cake Cupcakes (see pin here). They were both FANTASTIC and didn't last long. The coffee cake was time consuming to prepare and, as usual, I had to live through the 5 minutes where I am sure I have killed my yeast before the bread starts to rise and all is right with the world. I let it rise too long during the second rise (after the cut squares are in the loaf pan) so some of the end pieces actually cooked out of the loaf pan, but not to worry, they were just as delicious as the rest of the bread. Next time I may make more of the glaze, as it definitely added a great kick of citrus flavor.

The cupcakes were, well they just defied description. The carrot cake itself was really good, but when they were just out of the oven and the cream cheese was all melty and gooey...oh my. Really, really good and pretty easy to make. I think that I will definitely try filled cupcakes again as these were really simple and worked out fine. I can recommend them.

This post is getting super long, so I am going to do a separate post on the crafty stuff. Till then, check out the recipes and whip up something amazing.

Be well,

Me

No comments:

Post a Comment